Thursday, October 20, 2011

You never need to be motivated, If you are Inspired

I have recently been asked the question “What motivates and inspires you”? I found it rather difficult to answer this question at first and got inspired to write this article, now that I have given this issue some deep thought. When my son was 10 years old, I never needed to walk into his room on a Saturday morning and motivate or inspire him to go and play video games. He had already been in the games lounge, since 5 am, eagerly playing all the games he loved and that I challenged him. After this realisation I began to understand why I struggled to answer the question around what motivated me every day.
I did not need to be motivated by any external force, as I wake up every day doing what I love and loving what I do. The first secret to feel driven and inspired every day is to invest the time to discover what you really love to do and then with dogged determination, commit to take action every day, to find a way to make that your vocation. I know that this really sounds simplistic and so obvious, but as I look back over my life. The moment that I identified what I wanted to do with the rest of my life and began the journey of creating the circumstances to make just that possible for me. I woke up inspired, with a vision and a goal every day. I was absolutely clear about what my purpose was each day and from that moment on, I began waking up at 3:30 am each day, driven and determined to change my life. I was determined to turn my vocation into my vacation.
I still encountered challenges along the way, I still had difficult days, where I needed to push myself to get out of bed, life was by no means a bed of roses. The reason I felt motivated, inspired and driven to succeed every day, was that I had a direction in my mind and no longer saw challenges as being in my way, they were merely just the way life unfolded and as I had a focused crystal clear picture of exactly what I was creating, challenges were expected and they were on my way to the life I was designing.
Once you have discovered what it is you really want to do with your life, create a crystal clear vision in your mind around what that looks like for you, build a plan to get you there and take action to deliver on your vision each day. You will no longer need to be motivated by any external forces at all; the fire in your belly will drive you every day. You will become your own stimulus package.
Add to this your daily commitment to read great books, magazines and listen to audio programmes, which will help you to grow and become the type of person you need to be to deserve the success that you desire. Surround yourself with people that will support your vision and encourage you to follow your dreams. Reward yourself as you reach each milestone along the path toward living your dreams and you will have discovered the simple recipe to motivate and inspire yourself to greatness.
Author: Andrew Horton Inspirational Speakers

No comments:

Post a Comment