Saturday, May 21, 2011

Inspirational Speakers - The Magic behind Goal Achievement

The Magic behind Goal Achievement

Inspirational Speakers

After setting your goals and writing them down. The first thought that comes into our minds is “OK! Now what must I do, to turn my goal setting into goal achieving”? Working to discover what you must do is only half right. You must explore what you need to do, so that you can become the kind of person that will attract the kind of success you desire. The best way to turn your goal setting objectives into goal achievement is to explore what you will have to become in order to achieve your goals.

As Jim Rohn said, “Success is not something you pursue. What you pursue eludes you. Success is something you attract by the person you become. If you want to have more you must become more.

A number of years ago I wanted to become one of the most entertaining and informative Inspirational Speakers in my field. I wrote down all the things I wanted to achieve to make this possible:

1) The places around the world where I wanted to talk

2) The sizes of audiences I wanted to talk in front of

3) The topics I was going to talk on

4) How my life was going to be as I evolved into an international speaker and author.

5) How much and where I was going to travel

6) How my wife would be an integral part of my speaking and travel success

7) I wrote an in-depth set of goals around the career I was going to have.

I had my goals, they were specific, measurable, attainable, relevant and time defined, I was on my journey to become on of the best Inspirational speakers around. If I had asked “What must I do to ensure that I achieve all my goals to become a one of the great Inspirational speakers”? I would still be chasing after a phantom and would not have achieved the level of success I have as an international professional speaker. I asked myself the question “What type of person do I need to become in order to achieve the outcomes I desire”?

I then went about the business of carefully defining the traits, philosophies, values, skills, knowledge, behaviors, attitude, characteristics and attributes, I would need to posses in order to achieve and live my goal to become an international inspirational speaker. I then went about the business of working to acquire all these characteristics that I needed to include in my life to become the kind of person that would attract that kind of life.

Incredibly this strategy has worked. It is almost like magic every day. New opportunities come flooding into my life every day. My original goals have evolved and I am living the life I designed a few years ago. Not because of what I did, but rather because of what I have worked to become.

So if you set yourself a goal of increasing your net worth by $ 100 000 this year. Ask yourself the question “Who and what do I need to become to deserve an extra $ 100 000 in value”? The attributes, skills, knowledge and philosophies you may need to include in your life may be as follows:

1) I must become a master over how I use my available time.

2) I prioritize my efforts and only focus on high efficiency activities

3) I will wake up an hour early and read educational books every day

4) I will listen to inspirational and educational cd’s in my car every day.

5) I will eat responsibly

6) I will exercise daily.

7) I will only feed my mind with positive information.

8) I will work to only surround myself with positive people that support me.

9) I will surround myself with peers and mentors from whom I can learn and grow.

10) I deliver excellence and always exceed everyone’s expectations.

11) I seek referrals and testimonials from everyone that I can.

12) I am a confident and competent leader.

13) I cultivate strength and greatness in every one I touch.

The formula for long term sustainable success is simple. Before you can acquire the things you want, you must take daily inspired action. You can only take daily inspired action, once you have become the person you need to be. Having = becoming + doing.

“To achieve something you have never achieved before, you must become someone you have never been before” Les brown

If you want to achieve anything, begin by exploring what characteristics, behaviors, knowledge, skills and disciplines you will need to acquire. Become the kind of person you need to be in order to attract the success you desire.

Author: Andrew Horton Inspirational Speakers

http://www.andrewhorton.co.za

No comments:

Post a Comment